Total Pageviews

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Collage Fine Art

I'm working on a new technique, using the tile mastik I already use. It will encompass the piles of sketchbook drawings I have, which are piled in my flat file. This serves a good purpose, as I'm not doing anything with these, and may have to move out of my apartment soon. It's not a lofty or masterful reason for this technique; just convenience. And I know it will make good art!
I got some small wood-cut stars today; a few about 2 inches and a few 3/4 inch ones. I'll glue them onto this first piece, and use one as a stencil. I love using small found objects in paintings, such as integrated circuit boards, stamps, letter stencils, coins, and anything else I find.
Some of the more abstract pieces will be translated onto clothing. Total fun! I'm glad God made me an artist!

No comments: